- We meet for one hour, four times a year, and each member brings a check for $100.
- Every member can nominate local charities, non-profits, or worthy causes.
- Members who come to the meeting can put the name of the charity they want to speak about into the bin.
- Three names are drawn at random at each meeting.
- A member makes a 5-minute presentation about each cause.
- We all vote on which cause to support.
The top vote-getting charity then receives all the checks, made out to them on the spot!
On each of four nights during the year, these 100+ Women Who Care give over $10,000 to a local charity, non-profit, or worthy cause, right here in Northville and surrounding communities. It’s fast, simple, and amazingly effective. We invite you to attend any time as a guest to see how it works and decide if the group is right for you.
A few simple rules:
- We each donate $100 per meeting (That comes out to just over $1 a day each year).
- Each of the three charities selected from the hat will be given 5 minutes to make a presentation at the meeting. This presentation must be made by a member of the 100 Women Who Care, who may or may not be a member of the organization.
- If you are unable to attend any given meeting during the year, please give your check to a member to deliver on your behalf, or mail your $100 check made out to the selected charity to: Suha Costy at 21081 Equestrian Trail, Northville, Michigan 48167.
- By ballot, the group will vote, and the majority rules. Even if you don’t care for the choice, you still must donate. All checks go to one charity.
- No national charities will be considered, however, local branches of national charities are eligible for consideration. The purpose is for 100% of the contribution to stay in Michigan.
- Only three charities will be presented at each meeting.
- The organization must agree NOT to use the names for future solicitations, nor give the information out to the public.
- A year after being selected by the group, charities can re-submit their names for consideration.
- The charity must be a non-profit with a 501(c)(3) status.
"There is no exercise better for the heart that reaching down and lifting people up"